The Department of Molecular Biology at the Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) and its colleagues at Harvard Medical School (HMS) invite applications for a joint tenure-track appointment at the level of Assistant Professor. The successful candidate will conduct research within the broadly construed disciplines of molecular biology, genetics, stem cell biology, bioinformatics, or other fields that would synergize with the current faculty’s research. The recruit’s laboratory would be located in the Department of Molecular Biology at MGH (http://molbio.mgh.harvard.edu), a major research center in Boston and a teaching affiliate of HMS, and his/her academic appointment would be in the HMS Department of Genetics.
The following HMS faculty members have labs in the MGH Department of Molecular Biology: Frederick Ausubel, Joseph Avruch, Michael Blower, Luke Chao, Konrad Hochedlinger, Deborah Hung, Joshua Kaplan, Robert Kingston (Chair), Jeannie Lee, Vamsi Mootha, Marjorie Oettinger, Gary Ruvkun, Jen Sheen, Radhika Subramanian, Jack Szostak
Applicants should apply via electronic submission by 5pm on October 15, 2017 at: http://molbio.mgh.harvard.edu/facultysearch/ Please submit a CV, statement of research plans, up to three relevant publications, and contact information for three references. Harvard University and the Massachusetts General Hospital are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers. Applications from women and minorities are encouraged.
The Kim Lab in the Stem Cell Program at Boston Children’s Hospital is seeking an Administrative Associate II to support Dr. Carla Kim and her lab members.
The Administrative Assistant II will be responsible for:
- Providing administrative support to a principal investigator and her lab in the Stem Cell Program. This growing lab engages in stem cell biology and cancer research, with a focus on lung biology.
- For the principal investigator, managing travel arrangements, maintaining financial records, overseeing grant submissions, managing calendar, managing lab projects, and providing customer service to her lab members.
- Assisting with lab operations including the on boarding of new members and support of existing members.
- Maintaining lab information including policies and procedures, databases and websites.
To qualify, you must have:
- A high school level of educational development and six months of work experience. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft suite of products, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Initiative in improving operations within area/department, and the ability to assists in implementing changes.
- No certification, registration or licensure required.
For more information or to apply to this position, please click here to access the Boston Children’s Hospital Career Site. You may also contact Dr. Carla Kim directly at Carla.Kim@Childrens.Harvard.edu or 617-919-4865.